How porcelain veneers in Langley, BC can transform your smile
A smile is the physical manifestation of your most beautiful thoughts and emotions. Smiling should bring joy, but it can be a source of discomfort and embarrassment for those with cosmetic dental concerns. Fortunately for people in or near Brookswood and Langley, BC, Dr. Harpreet Aulakh of Smile365 Dental offers a wide range of cosmetic treatments, including stunning porcelain veneers.
What are porcelain veneers?
Although veneers may strengthen teeth or improve functionality in some instances, they are considered cosmetic dental restorations. They entirely cover the fronts of treated teeth, effectively disguising blemishes and altering the appearance of your smile. Veneers can be made from composite resin or porcelain. Dr. Aulakh uses porcelain due to its superior strength, longevity, and aesthetic properties.
The process involves a few appointments, and typically takes two to three weeks.
- During the first appointment, your dentist will take impressions. These are sent to a dental laboratory, which will create a precise model of your teeth. This model is used to design temporary and permanent veneers.
- At the next visit, teeth are prepared for veneer placement. This may involve shaving a very small amount of enamel. However, due to the thinness of veneers, preparation is minimal. Your dentist will then take impressions of the prepared teeth, and place temporary veneers. The impressions are sent to a dental laboratory, where the final veneers are sculpted.
- When we receive your new veneers from the laboratory, it is time for the final appointment. First, your dentist will remove the temporaries and then verify that the new ones fit perfectly and look beautiful. Lastly, she will cement the permanent veneers in place.
Who is a good candidate?
If you have active gum disease, untreated decay, or other oral health problems Dr. Harpreet Aulakh may advise treating those issues prior to porcelain veneer treatment. If a tooth has damage or decay, she may recommend a dental crown, which will restore the tooth structure as well as appearance.
Most patients with good oral health are potential veneer candidates. This can be a good option if you want to:
- Cover permanent stains
- Lighten your natural enamel color
- Change the shape or size of teeth
- Cover cosmetic imperfections
- Correct the appearance of mildly crooked teeth
- Close wide or uneven spacing between teeth
- Transform your appearance with a one-procedure smile makeover
Call (604) 409-8660 and schedule a consultation in the Brookswood area office in Langley BC to get started.