Stop oral health problems before they start with preventive dentistry in Brookswood and Langley, BC
The only good oral health problem is the one that never happens. That is precisely why Dr. Harpreet Aulakh and the team of Smile365 Dental maintain a strong focus on preventive dentistry at our Brookswood area, Langley, BC practice. This includes evaluations, diagnostics, preventive care treatments, and patient education to help you develop healthy habits at home.
Never underestimate the importance of preventive dentistry
As a society, we are more aware and proactive about health than ever before. Yet, with a focus on nutrition, exercise, and basic medical care, many people continue to treat oral health as an afterthought. In truth, it has a significant impact on your wellbeing and quality of life, as well as your overall health.
The benefits of preventive dental care include:
- A healthy smile is a beautiful smile – Repairing damaged teeth can improve the appearance of your smile as well as your oral health. Furthermore, Good oral health is the key to longevity of cosmetic restorations.
- Proper chewing facilitates good nutrition – Digestion does not begin in the stomach; it begins in the mouth. If you are unable to chew well, you are swallowing larger particles of food, decreasing nutrient availability.
- Oral disease impacts your entire body – Multiple scientific studies have linked dental problems, particularly periodontal disease, with heart disease, stroke, cognitive impairment, diabetes, and many other systemic conditions.
- Avoid pain, expense, and inconvenience – Dental problems are often painful, detrimental to your health, and may require complex treatments to correct. Keeping your mouth healthy is the easiest and most economical solution.
How you can keep your smile healthy
Great oral health is a collaborative effort between you and your dental care team. The most important components of a preventive care plan are:
- Hygiene appointments – These biannual visits include professional teeth cleaning to remove biofilm and polishing which makes it more difficult for plaque to adhere to the enamel. We will check for signs of gum disease, decay, infection, oral cancer, and other health problems. This is also your opportunity to ask questions about your hygiene routine, nutrition, or other oral health topics. We are here to help!
- Home hygiene – Thorough brushing and flossing only take a few minutes, but the benefits can last a lifetime.
- Hydration and nutrition – A balanced diet rich in antioxidants benefits your entire body, including your teeth. Drinking plenty of water not only hydrates you but also helps rinse enamel.
The first step in a lifetime of healthy smiles is scheduling an appointment with Dr. Harpreet Aulakh. Near the Brookswood and Langley BC area? Call us at (604) 409-8660.