Take back your oral health with restorative dentistry in Brookswood and Langley, BC
It won’t just go away if you ignore it. From minor cavities to total tooth loss, oral health problems can be a source of emotional distress and physical pain – but you don’t have to live with it. Dr. Harpreet Aulakh offers a variety of restorative dentistry treatments at Smile365 Dental for Brookswood and Langley, BC area patients. Because every patient is unique, we will work with you to develop a tailored treatment plan to restore the health, functionality, and beautiful appearance of your smile.
Types of dental restorations
- Tooth fillings – Cavities should be treated promptly, before they have time to grow and spread. The procedure is efficient and straightforward, removing the decayed material and filling the area with tooth-colored composite resin. It takes just one appointment.
- Dental crowns – For broken or severely decayed teeth, crowns provide protection and restore proper function. The process takes a few appointments to complete, as the crowns are fabricated in a dental laboratory. We offer a variety of materials, including natural looking dental porcelain.
- Inlays and onlays – These restorations offer conservative treatment options when damage is too extensive for a composite filling but does not require a full crown. They are made of porcelain, and custom designed to replace a portion of tooth structure. Inlays and onlays are also called indirect fillings or partial dental crowns.
- Bonding – This procedure is very similar to a cavity filling, but the composite resin is used to repair chips or other minor tooth damage. Dental bonding is also frequently used for cosmetic enhancement.
- Fixed bridges – This is one of the most common tooth replacement options. A bridge includes a false tooth or teeth, which are held in place by dental crowns attached to teeth on each side of the gap.
- Dentures – We offer full and partial dentures, for replacement of several or all teeth in an arch. Classic dentures are removable for easy cleaning, and the process only takes a few months.
- Dental implants – This is considered the gold standard for replacing any number of missing teeth. Implants are surgically placed in the bone, and topped with a specially designed crown, bridge, or denture.
Choosing the right option
When you visit our office for a consultation, Dr. Harpreet Aulakh will recommend the most conservative, effective solution to restore your oral health. In some cases, there are multiple viable options, such as dentures or dental implants. She will explain the advantages and disadvantages of each and answer your questions, so that you can make an informed decision. Call our office near Brookswood in Langley, BC at (604) 409-8660 to get started.